Ball Sports at AVA Curated by Kirsty Cockerill
Ball Sports AT AVA Curated by Kirsty Cockerill Monday, 12 November to Friday, 23 November
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
In the run up to the 2010 World Cup, all eyes focus on sport. Art and sport are commonly perceived as polar opposites, drawing different audiences, engaging with different notions of culture. Ball Sports calls for artists to engage sport as a starting block for the interrogation of serious and not so serious social dynamics.
This will take the form of a curated exhibition at AVA and will employ all four gallery spaces.
CONDITIONS APPLY. Please keep this notice if you wish to enter.
1. This will be a selected exhibition. The artworks for exhibition will be selected by the Director of the AVA from the proposals received via e-mail or on disc in the format of Word Documents and the images as jpg's. The Directors decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Forward submissions to email@example.com post to P.O. Box 15218 Vlaeberg 8018.
2. The work may be in any medium as long as it is an original artwork.
3. You do not need to be a member of AVA to submit work, but if your work is selected for exhibition, you will need to pay AVA subs for 2007, if not already paid. Subs are R75 per person or R30 for students or pensioners.
4. All works must be for sale.
5. All proposals must be accompanied by relevant details, i.e. name of artist, title of work, medium, date, and selling price which must include AVA's commission of one third of the selling price, artist's CV and images of the proposed work.
6. All entries must be ready to be exhibited /hung. If the display of a work is complicated, the artist will be required to set up his/her own piece.
7. Closing date for submissions is the 15 October 2007. The selected works will need to be delivered to the AVA by 8 November 2007 at 1:00pm.
8. The exhibition opening will be on Tuesday the 13 November at 6 pm and run until Friday, 23 November at 1, after which the exhibited works must be collected, preferably on the same day before 5 pm.
A preview of the exhibition will be by special invitation only on Monday the 12 November 2007.
9. All artwork is exhibited/left in the gallery at the artists' own risk as AVA's insurance policy does not cover theft, burglary or accidental damage.